I'm messed up but blessed.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Holidays or hell-a-days?


Okay, here is your warning, if you read my blog because you think I’m funny (which I really hope you do)  you may want to skip this entry.  As much as I’d like to put a funny thought out here for your delight…today I cannot.  Today is a dark day for me.  I have these days.  It’s a process, you know.  Today is the day before thanksgiving.  I’m supposed to be cooking and busy and HAPPY, right?  I’m not.  I will do a bit of cooking, but I will not be happy while I’m doing it.  My children are not with me.  My children have gone away for this holiday.  Holidays where the children are gone do not feel right in my brain at all.  I am very blessed to have family nearby and I WILL have a fun time with them tomorrow… but it will not lessen the grief of how messed up it is for my own children to be spending a holiday without me.  Divorce is awful.  If anyone has told you different they are either living in denial or lying.  One of the reasons God hates divorce is because of how it hurts…and in my experience it hurts a whole lot.  Today I have to breathe. Today I have to take one step and then another.  Today I have to keep klenex on hand and distract myself with facebook and freecell and friends.  Today is going to seem like 2400 hours instead of just 24.  Today I am glad I have a God who is near instead of a God who sits on high in judgment of the mess ups in my life. Today I am glad that mercies are new every morning.  Today I will remember that  it’s a process.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it's been a hard week. I hope you know that you have lots of friends thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete