I'm messed up but blessed.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Freecell


I like to play freecell.  I play it a lot.  I’ve noticed that I play it a lot more in stressful times.  I think I like it because it is something I can solve.  I can be challenged.. but finish… and if it is too difficult to finish I can just start a new game…and that is allowed.  My kids make fun of me.  That is okay, I mean, kids are gonna make fun of you for something, it may as well be for playing freecell.  All the freecell games are numbered so for a while when I was in a particularly freecell –obsessed frame of mind, I started playing the games one at a time, starting with 1 and going forward, in order.  I would not let myself move onto the next numbered game until I conquered the previous one.  Now, people, freecell games are not all created equal, and they don’t go up in order of difficulty according to their number.  This means that number 6 could be way harder than number 349.  You never know.  I would have to re-do certain numbered games MANY times before I would go on to the next one.  I kept a log.  I was probably thinking I would eventually finish every game and do something grand with that knowledge…. but I never did.  Now I am in a stressful time again and have been playing a lot but not near as obsessively as the number log era.  I do have certain things I like to accomplish with freecell, though.  I like to line up all the rows of suites from king down to like 4.. without ever putting the cards up at the top until my 4 rows are pretty complete.  If you have to get rid of some cards by putting them up where the aces are just to be able to keep playing, I do it, but it isn’t as fun for me.  I love it when a 3 or 4 is buried by a king and you can play almost everything else, keeping that 3 covered so it doesn’t start the automatic “move to aces” feature.  I hate it when you are playing and every few seconds you uncover some other key card and about 4 cards jump up to the top, stop, move, 4 more cards jump up, move, 1 card jumps, etc.  This is not my fun freecell.  I like when the last card is moved and your 4 rows are almost complete and then WHAMO!  All the cards move at once and the game politely asks you if you want to play another game.  I’m kind of a freak I guess, but……It’s a process.

1 comment:

  1. So you like it when it finishes for you? I hate that. I want to ocd every stinkin card to it's place. I neeeeed to ok?!
    Closure is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete