I'm messed up but blessed.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Blown away


Have you ever been completely blown away by something God did?  I have.  Many times, actually.  Yesterday was one of those days.  Actually, this whole last week was one of those weeks.  These “surprises” seem to come more readily (to me anyway) when circumstances are HARD.  This week was not different in that way.  The very same week I’m struggling through some really awful stuff that I did not create, (but have to wade through anyway) I am continually “blessed” by God’s surprises for me.  The thing about surprises from God is that they aren’t just “gifts” falling from heaven…. at least that isn’t how they have worked for me… they come in the form of PEOPLE.  God uses PEOPLE to show His love to His PEOPLE.  It’s amazing when you think about it.  That a person – ME, YOU, that guy sitting right over there in the wrinkled shirt and unmatched socks, can be the hands and feet of GOD.  What a privilege that I can be used to deliver God’s message of love and hope to another person.  How amazing that YOU, not even knowing my circumstances this week, can be used to BLESS me and remind me that no matter what, I’m the child of a KING…….a powerful king who can reach down and tap one of His beloved’s on the shoulder and say… “hey, I got an errand for you.”  To all my sweet friends this week that were listening to that tap on the shoulder……thank you from the bottom of my (newly refreshed) heart.  I hope that I am always paying attention when I get that tap on the shoulder… I don’t want to miss out on passing on the blessing to another who is in need…… I’m listening, Lord….. it’s a process.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true... Who knew I would be sitting across the table on Thursday night from such a great friend who is so passionate about God and her children. You made my week so much better!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete