I'm messed up but blessed.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

God is a circle

Ok, we all know that God is all those big words – omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient, etc (okay, maybe we don’t all know them but I do cuz I learned them in my bible class at school… they were on a test)… but basically it means he is all, was all, will be all, etc. Easy enough to say but to really understanding it… hard, very hard. God is a circle. I’m a line. You are a line. Every person is a line. We have a starting point and an end. Some of our lines are longer than others. Some are very short. My unborn child’s line was only 10 weeks long. My friend Eddy’s was only 30 years long. My grandmother and grandfather each had a 94 year long line….. which seems pretty long… until you think about how much farther a circle goes……and how many other lines have existed that don’t anymore. God is a circle. He was always here, always. He will always exist, always. We use that word a lot so it has lost some of its meaning for us… but think about it. Always. Always. Neverending. God is a circle and I’m not…… maybe I’ll get that one day, maybe I won’t…….. it’s a process.

No comments:

Post a Comment